Friday 19 September 2014

It's lunch time!

Lunch time is an important meal of the day. Whatever you eat has got to give you sufficient energy up till dinner time, which can be difficult as we can easily get the munchies in between.

Because I have a lot of days at college where the lessons run over dinner time (that's half six or seven for me) I need to pack my body full of food containing a good source of protein and good fats to keep me standing.

So I did a bit of experimenting and improvising with the ingredients I had available at the time, and created this really yummy lunchtime meal. It filled me nicely and I wasn't hungry all afternoon,  and by the time I got home at half past eight, I was ready to eat something light. So if you're looking for a dish that will keep you going till late hours, try out this recipe!

Ingredients:
2 medium eggs
3 mushrooms
large hand full of ready cooked crayfish
spring onion
oregano
Lemon juice of half a lemon
salt and pepper
Butter
Spinage
1 beetroot

Method:
1. Melt some butter in a pan and fry the mushrooms and spring onion until they're soft and have soaked up the butter.
2. Add the crayfish and lemon juice to the pan and mix the ingredients together, frying the crayfish for a minute or so.
3. Crack two eggs into a bowl and beat, then pour over the mushrooms, spring onion and crayfish. Add some more butter if it starts to stick to the pan! Season with salt and pepper and fry in the pan for a couple of minutes, then flip it over and cook for a further two to three minutes until the egg has cooked through.
4. Wash some spinage and drain, place on a plate with the sliced beetroot.
5. Serve the omelette on top of the spinage and beetroot and enjoy!

I really hope you like this recipe and please comment on what you think, have a nice day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment